We like to keep things simple at A&B American Style, so here are the foundational elements of chicken wings:
1) wings 2) heat 3) sauce.
Once you lay the foundation, there are thousands of ways to personalize it to your taste. This fundamental recipe is paleo/clean eating-friendly and as simple as they come.
Foundational Chicken Wings with A&B American Style Pepper Sauce
- 2 ½ lbs chicken wings
- ½ cup A&B American Style Original Pepper Sauce
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- Salt and pepper
- Season chicken wings with salt and pepper
- Add heat
- Grilling: Heat grill to medium-high heat (375-425°F). Lightly oil grill to prevent sticking. Grill wings for 20-25 minutes turning a few times
- Baking: Preheat oven to 400°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil and top with wire rack. Bake wings in a single layer on the wire rack for 45-50 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking
- Near the end of cooking, combine melted butter and A&B American Style Original Pepper Sauce
- Once wings are fully cooked, toss them in with sauce
- Optionally, put them back on the grill for a couple of minutes to cook the sauce in
- Serve with traditional and untraditional sides and more Pepper Sauce
- Beers are not paleo, but you are stronger willed than we if you leave them in the fridge
That’s it. Minimal skill required. Minimal cleanup.